16 July 2011

In the Air Again - Finally

After another year of sitting on the ground, not moving forward, I finally got myself back in the air. My delays were primarily money-related, and a raise at my job eliminated that issue, so I really had no excuse.

At first, I figured since I had "lost" my medical (physically, not medically), I would just get my BFR done and get my medical as soon as I found time (my current job doesn't lend well to much weekday time time off). From there I'd burn cross country time before jumping into instrument training.

Before I went up for my BFR Flight, I made sure to get my paperwork in order, and made sure I had everything in my flight bag. As I was pasting that special SFRA certificate (a certificate from an online class you have to take to fly around Washington DC) in the back of my logbook, the last page separated from the back cover and my medical fell out. Turns out the ink stuck the pages together, hiding it since my move to AZ. That said, I was able to log PIC in the BFR, and have been enjoying cross country trips on my own and with friends.

That being said, I'll finally use this blog for its renewed purpose:
Trip reports (those include pictures) and training notes from the flights. Look for those here soon (and if you're looking for the old posts, they're gone).